Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chefnancy
    replied
    Re: Anyone else have myoglobin blood test?

My source was The New York Times Health Guide and it says that values of 0 to 85 ng/ml (nanograms per milliliter) are normal. That doesn't sound like the scale your test was reported on.

Leave a comment:

• TwinMom
    replied

They told me that 0-5 is a normal range and mine was an 8.

Leave a comment:

• chefnancy
    replied

I honestly don't know. I was just quoting some reference materials. But I think anything less than 85 is normal. What is your level? Does anyone out there know what level of myoglobin is a concern?

Leave a comment:

• TwinMom
    replied

What are considered "very high" levels? This is the only test other than "urinanalysis" (which shows blood) that my PCP has done indicating kidney damage, so until my appt.this is all I have to go on.

Leave a comment:

• chefnancy
    replied

You can get an increase in myoglobin after any kind of muscle damage (small tears from exercising, sprained ankle, etc.) up to and including heart attack. Normal range for the test is 0 to 85 nanograms/ml. So, I don't know where you were looking, but zero myoglobin levels are very rare because we all have minor muscle damage every day. Very high levels of myoglobin can lead to acute kidney failure because the kidneys cannot handle the load.

Leave a comment:

• TwinMom
    started a topic Anyone else have myoglobin blood test?

Anyone else have myoglobin blood test?

Since I have like another MONTH to get in to see the darn dr. I'd just like to get an IDEA of where my CKD is. If anyone else has had a myoglobin test, I'm thinking this might give me a better idea of where I am. From what I've read on the internet about myoglobin tests, anything above zero indicates a serious condition.
Working...
X