Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help

My father is an 83 year old and has been on dialysis for 7 months now. For the past 3 months he has been in and out of the hospital 8 times. Today I was told by the doctor that we have to make a decision if we want to recessitate him if his heart should stop. My sister and I have agreed not to, but we have to convince my mom. I tried to read as much as I can about his situation. Right now he has fluid in his lungs, rectal bleeding has occur. He is retaining blood in his knee cap, which has to be drained. He has diabetics, had several strokes over the past years. He has lost the sensation for body function. His health is not good. My question is are these symthom an indication that the family should be prepare for the worst. I want to be able to have my mother understand that there is not much to go with. Can someone let me know if I am correct to think that he will not be with us much longer. We are dealing with a difficult decision, but I don't want him to be kept alive and in pain, if there is no hope. The doctor tells us there is no hope. Thank you for any input you can provide. God bless you all.

worst

why dont u try peritoneal dialysis?

Originally posted by mayemerald
    My father is an 83 year old and has been on dialysis for 7 months now. For the past 3 months he has been in and out of the hospital 8 times. Today I was told by the doctor that we have to make a decision if we want to recessitate him if his heart should stop. My sister and I have agreed not to, but we have to convince my mom. I tried to read as much as I can about his situation. Right now he has fluid in his lungs, rectal bleeding has occur. He is retaining blood in his knee cap, which has to be drained. He has diabetics, had several strokes over the past years. He has lost the sensation for body function. His health is not good. My question is are these symthom an indication that the family should be prepare for the worst. I want to be able to have my mother understand that there is not much to go with. Can someone let me know if I am correct to think that he will not be with us much longer. We are dealing with a difficult decision, but I don't want him to be kept alive and in pain, if there is no hope. The doctor tells us there is no hope. Thank you for any input you can provide. God bless you all.

Comment

Working...
    X