Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarrivee
    replied
    Hi Cassie. I am 23 years old and have been doing CAPD for about 3 years now. I understand where you're coming from about having your friends staying out all night and not being able to because you have to be hooked up to a machine all night. Its definetly hard being this young and having to go through this but you just have to stay strong and be positive.

Leave a comment:

• Speedy1wrc
    replied
    Everyone has their own challenges. I developed diabetes when I was 12 and was told I wouldn't live much into my 20's. That was in the early 70's and well gosh darn it's quite a few years down the road. It's obviously been a bumpy road since I am here as well as you, but there's been some pretty decent scenery along the way. Guess I beat the odd's. Why stop now? Hey, you never know....

Live every day to the best of your abilities. Take care of your health and don't cut corners.You can do whatever you set your mind to.

You can let loose a sigh if you need to but save the tears for those with less than you have. Make sure the glass stays half full.

I remember a number of years ago going to the NYS Fair in Syracuse. I was grumbling about trying to wash my hands in the abysmally bad sinks they had in the bathroom. The gentleman washing his hands next to me said that I certainly could have that opinion however he was thankful that someone a long time ago invented sinks in the first place so we didn't have to wash our hands in the creek.Kind of put things in perspective at least for that particular day. Sometimes little things like that stick with you. Give yourself some time to absorb those little things that life has to offer. They're out there waiting for you.

C'est la vie!

Tomorrow is yet another day.
    Last edited by Speedy1wrc; 02-27-2013, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• danduck
    replied
    I was feelin pretty down til I readf your letter. 20 years and 3 transplants. Your proof what a person can go through......
    Originally posted by M3Riddler View Post
    Hang in there Cassie... Dialysis is not the end... I have been on dialysis for over 20 years. You just have to try to make the best of a bad situation. Try not to think of the negatives. Try to educate yourself and learn as much as you can. Your medical staff is never going to tell you everything. If you educate yourself, you will be able to ask questions. Education is everything... What type of dialysis are you on ? Has your doc ever discussed home dialysis with you? This way you can be on your own schedule as well as the comfort of your own home...

Leave a comment:

• cassieludwg
    replied
    Originally posted by yummyrayna View Post
    So I just joined because I also feel this way. I feel us as young people its hard because I feel I cannot keep up with my friends and I get very depressed and I am so utterly tired all the time.... You?

I feel the same way when it comes to my friends. They always wanna do stuff at night, like go out drinking or go to clubs, but Im always stuck at home doing dialysis. And I also feel so tired all of the time, and irrateable. How old are you?

Leave a comment:

• cassieludwg
    replied
    Originally posted by M3Riddler View Post
    Hang in there Cassie... Dialysis is not the end... I have been on dialysis for over 20 years. You just have to try to make the best of a bad situation. Try not to think of the negatives. Try to educate yourself and learn as much as you can. Your medical staff is never going to tell you everything. If you educate yourself, you will be able to ask questions. Education is everything... What type of dialysis are you on ? Has your doc ever discussed home dialysis with you? This way you can be on your own schedule as well as the comfort of your own home...
    Im on CCPD, and yes, I do it at home.

Leave a comment:

• M3Riddler
    replied
    Originally posted by cassieludwg View Post
    Hi, I'm Cassie. I'm 22. I have end stage kidney failure. At the moment I'm doing my dialysis. Just one of those days where I feel like giving up.

Leave a comment:

• yummyrayna
    replied
    Originally posted by cassieludwg View Post
    Hi, I'm Cassie. I'm 22. I have end stage kidney failure. At the moment I'm doing my dialysis. Just one of those days where I feel like giving up.
    So I just joined because I also feel this way. I feel us as young people its hard because I feel I cannot keep up with my friends and I get very depressed and I am so utterly tired all the time.... You?

Leave a comment:

• cassieludwg
    started a topic Just need someone to talk to

Just need someone to talk to

Working...
X