Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agilityk9
    replied
    M3, it is true. And those with bodies with strong immune systems that do tend to reject their organs should never feel guilty. But for those who are looking to get kidney transplants, it is important that they know there are very long-term transplant survivors out there. Transplants can last a lifetime!!

Also, there are new techniques to help those with high PRAs get their bodies to accept transplants. Technology is continuing to advance and hope still exists.

Good luck to you, M3

Leave a comment:

• M3Riddler
    replied
    Originally posted by agilityk9 View Post
    I love the "best advice" section, and I thought maybe an article I wrote a while ago on how to have a long-term transplant would fit nicely into "best advice." It's actually filled with some of the best advice I received on how to keep my transplant healthy. I've had two transplants - the first lasted 31 years, and my second is going strong at four years. AND I've even qualified to try out to represent the USA in agility - a handler-based, fast-paced dog sport. So here a compilation of the best advice I ever got.

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/...t-Going-Strong
    Agility,
    Thats wonderful that your transpants lasted so long... but some are not as lucky... Some bodies just reject them no matter what.. I have had 3 transplants, 2 living related and the longest lasted 4 years. My body is just too sensitive and chronically rejects them. I believe matching is a very important role in this. But as you know, we are all different.. Not matter how much some take their meds and follow everything down to the T, we still reject...
    I am very happy that your transplnat lasted so long... But sometimes it is just out of our control...

Leave a comment:

• agilityk9
    started a topic Long-term transplants

Long-term transplants

I love the "best advice" section, and I thought maybe an article I wrote a while ago on how to have a long-term transplant would fit nicely into "best advice." It's actually filled with some of the best advice I received on how to keep my transplant healthy. I've had two transplants - the first lasted 31 years, and my second is going strong at four years. AND I've even qualified to try out to represent the USA in agility - a handler-based, fast-paced dog sport. So here a compilation of the best advice I ever got.

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/...t-Going-Strong
Working...
X