Take your binders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take your binders

Like this says take your binders with every meal. Not before, not after, during your meal. Oh, and follow your doctors advice on binder usage, (some people don't need them).

to do

I find that if I divide my time in the chair right, the time goes by faster. I dedicate at least one hour to reading. This helps my mind grow and it transports me to another place. It helps to bring reading glasses since you can't hold your book close enough to your eyes.

Comment

take your binders

Originally posted by sgt1371
      Like this says take your binders with every meal. Not before, not after, during your meal. Oh, and follow your doctors advice on binder usage, (some people don't need them).
      Hi sgt1371,
      I take phoslo, I was told to take it with meals and snacks. However I can take it within 30 minutes after I eat my meal.
      I suppose it depends on which binder you take, because as you know binder is a calcium supplement, sometimes when I forget to take my phoslo with me, I make sure I take some tums with my meal ( as instructed by my DR. ofcourse)

Comment

binders

i have a question about binders. what kind do you take? my husbands dr. advised him to take tums instead of phoslo(sp). tums contains aluminum which has been linked to alzheimers (sp). does phoslo contain aluminum also? thanks.

Comment

binders

Liz,
          MD prescribe binders based on all of the lab values, some have calcium etc. If your concerned about the amount of aluminum discuss it with the MD, they can monitor the aluminum levels and/or may choose another binder.
          ------------------------------------------------------
          The response of this moderator is not an attempt to address a specific condition. Please note that the DaVita.com discussion forums do not provide medical advice or professional opinions about specific conditions. The purpose of the discussion forums is to provide an opportunity for individuals to discuss end stage renal disease and related topics. The discussion forms are not a substitute for professional medical care. For questions or

Comment

fosrenol

i take a new binder that's out it's chewable and fruity it's called fosrenol and you only need to take 1 instead of 4 or 5 like that darn renegel bleh!

Comment

Working...
            X