Missing food in Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing food in Database

How is it that nutritional yeast is not included in the food database? It is so commonly included as a substitute in cheese recipes, plus it has a high mineral content. So it's critical to have easy access to nutritional info. Nutritional yeast contains ~124mg Potassium per Tablespoon. I haven't located Phosphorus content.
    Last edited by MaoMiaow; 06-11-2017, 06:22 AM.

Hi MaoMiaow, thank you for reaching out! You can find the phosphorus content of food items in the Food Analyzer, part of the DaVita Diet Helper: http://diethelper.davita.com/food-analyzer. I'd also recommend reaching out to your local dietitian regarding any specific questions as everyone's needs are different. Thank you!

Comment

I use Bragg Nutritional yeast and they told me in an email - 1 Tablespoon Potassium 60 mg & Phosphorus 55 mg. I know it's different for each brand, so I don't know if that's much help. I just Google foods and use that for the nutrition values. The food analyzer doesn't usually have what I'm looking for.

Comment

If you cannot find what you want to look up using the food analyzer then I would suggest using the USDA food database.

Comment

Working...
        X