Eating healthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating healthy

Yes I would like to know why the recipes have things like sugar,sour cream, cheeses,butter margarine in the recipes?i have learned that to feel better and last longer, to eat clean, I still struggle with this one. Thank you for input

It depends on your lab values. Even with the renal diet your are allowed a little sugar, a certain amount of fat. Eat clean by not eating from pre-prepared meals, from a can or a box or eating out. You do have to really watch the salt when eating dairy. I keep a watch on it by logging all my food and watching my salt level; once it is getting high I know I have to find a food to eat that has very low salt. This allows me to have a slice of bread everyone once in a while, or a slice of cheese.

Comment

Hi Joanne55, the renal diet can vary for everyone depending on which stage of CKD you're in and other factors. I'd suggest meeting with your local care team and renal dietitian to determine the diet needs that are best for you. You can then use that information to better use the DaVita Diet Helper!

Hope that helps!

Comment

I've on dialysis for a year and I'm struggling with the diet. My phosphorus is high, the PTH intact is very high and albumin is low. I think a part of the problem is that the binders do not work 100% of the time since my stomach has been bypassed and several feet of my intestine was removed. This operation is more commonly known as a gastric bypass. Is there anyone out there that can suggest a good course of action? Thank you.

Comment

I had renal faliure in September due to a sepsis infection, I am so worried because my potassium is running high, and I don't know what foods to eat since most foods have some potassium in them and some sites contradict each about what to eat. I also had a bypass surgery 42 yrs ago
          THANK YOU!!

Comment

Originally posted by joey1948 View Post
            I've on dialysis for a year and I'm struggling with the diet. My phosphorus is high, the PTH intact is very high and albumin is low. I think a part of the problem is that the binders do not work 100% of the time since my stomach has been bypassed and several feet of my intestine was removed. This operation is more commonly known as a gastric bypass. Is there anyone out there that can suggest a good course of action? Thank you.
            Hi Joey, that's a good question and something you should probably consult your local care team or dietitian with. Everyone's needs are different so they will be able to answer your question that best suits you.

Comment

Originally posted by deziree View Post
              I had renal faliure in September due to a sepsis infection, I am so worried because my potassium is running high, and I don't know what foods to eat since most foods have some potassium in them and some sites contradict each about what to eat. I also had a bypass surgery 42 yrs ago
              THANK YOU!!
              Hi deziree, welcome to myDaVita! Have you had the chance to speak with a local dietitian? Once you have a better sense of what your daily potassium limits should be, you could try using the DaVita Diet Helper: http://bit.ly/2hLeEZz. It will help you plan and track kidney-friendly meals that adhere to those nutritional goals you set (including potassium).

I hope this helps!

Comment

I want the page that shows the different categories of food.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegitha View Post
                  I want the page that shows the different categories of food.

Hi Pegitha, you can search kidney-friendly recipes by category here: https://www.davita.com/recipes/. Let us know if you're looking for something else but I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                  X