Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 947lily
    replied
    Thanks for zucchini recipes. I will try them because I love zucchini. I am glad I can finally talk to you all. I still can't open my mailbox.

Leave a comment:

• dialysisrecipes01
    replied
    Here's a great zucchini recipe that I love: https://www.freseniuskidneycare.com/...zucchini-saute
    For your next meal, serve up zucchini sautéed in grated Parmesan cheese and a medley of fresh basil, thyme and tarragon.

Leave a comment:

• ErikaStahl
    replied
    Is this recipe 1 portion? Zucchini is generally safe as its low in potassium and phosphorus, but anything can become "high" in potassium or phosphorus, depending on the portion size. Keep in mind that although the turkey is a good source of protein, based on the portion listed, this is likely where a large chunk of the potassium and phosphorus is coming from.

Feel free to consult with your DaVita dietitian for more help and advice.

Leave a comment:

• daver44
    replied
    Your recipe looks interesting. I like to cook vegetables especially zucchini, so I will be glad to share with you my recipe. It is Italian zucchini risotto. For cooking it you will need fresh herbs and zucchini, freshly grated parmesan. Start off by sautéeing sliced zucchini, onion and garlic in a little olive oil until golden. And just make sure that when you are cooking your rice to stir and continually add liquid so it doesn’t dry out and stick to the pan. After that guys you need to add the rest of the ingredients, cook an extra couple of minutes, top with some freshly grated Parmesan and chopped Parsley. That’s all. This dish is delicious and healthy.
    Last edited by daver44; 07-07-2017, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NCPAJack
    started a topic Zucchini peeled and cooked

Zucchini peeled and cooked

I am creating a recipe and can not figure out why the potassium and phosphorous levels are so high! I think it is the zucchini because I had to add the ingredient as zucchini with skin on.

Ingredients are:
    • 2 garlic cloves
    • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    • 1/2 celery stalk
    • 2 1/2 small zucchinis peeled, spiralized and cooked
    • 1/3 cup onion, chopped
    • 1/2 fresh carrot, large
    • 8 ounces Turkey, ground, 7% fat, raw
    • 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Italian Medley
    • 2 teaspoons DOROT Chopped Basil
    • 14 ounces Mancini Sweet Roasted (Red) Peppers
    And the DAVITA website's "MY CREATIONS" defines my nutritional values as listed below.
    Calories 430
    Protein 25 g
    Carbohydrates 27 g
    Fat 24 g
    Cholesterol 85 mg
    Sodium 560 mg
    Potassium 1,030 mg
    Phosphorus 330 mg
    Calcium 84 mg
    Fiber 3 g
Working...
X