Vegan/Vegetarian Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegan/Vegetarian Diet

Is there a Vegan kidney diet (on dialysis) where one does not need to consume animal protein?

Organic vegan / vegetarian protein for cardio renal diet

ORGANIC VEGAN VEGETARIAN PROTEIN

Originally posted by erictowse View Post
    Is there a Vegan kidney diet (on dialysis) where one does not need to consume animal protein?
    My father just got on dialysis. It is super hard to include recommended amount of protein with vegan diet without going over on potassium, unless you use this Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder. It is Organic, GMO Free, and No Soy Protein (which means it is good for men, as soy protein has shown to promote estrogen levels in men. For women soy is good, but not for men, though some say organic soy does not have same estrogen promoting effects).

Here is the link for this protein
    http://shop.orgain.com/Organic-Prote...ProteinPowders

It is cheap at Costco, you can even find it on Amazon.
    http://www.costco.com/Orgain-Organic...100121465.html

Vegan Diet is the best diet for patients with Renal Disease/Failure, given you can incorporate the Protein requirements in you daily diet; and with this Protein Powder you can.

I also found this at Costco, Green Superfood (made by Amazing Grass). I think it is a good add on to any Renal Diet.
    https://www.amazinggrass.com/store/g...-original.html

Both of these products are cheaper at Costco, and the package is bigger than at website.

I also made a spreadsheet calculator of Renal Diet, which helps a lot, but Im not fully done with it yet.

Hope this helps

Comment

A number of items I have not followed. As I am diagnosed to be a patient having CKD-3 I would like to have appropriate recipe for the same. I want to make it absolutely clear that every thing has to be free and at no point in time I should bb asked to pay any money. I have made a donation of 25$ or so but I have not received any receipt for it. Pl send me a receipt so that I understand that the money has been received by Davita. This is urgent. Pl reply by return.Thanking you, With regards. Ajit Kumar Chatterjee. (ajitke1@bsnl.in)

Comment

A number of items I have not followed. As I am diagnosed to be a patient having CKD-3 I would like to have appropriate recipe for the same. I want to make it absolutely clear that every thing has to be free and at no point in time I should be asked to pay any money. I have made a donation of 25$ or so but I have not received any receipt for it. Pl send me a receipt for the correct amount paid by me so that I understand that the money has been received by Davita. This is urgent. Pl reply by return.Thanking you, With regards. Ajit Kumar Chatterjee. (ajitke1@bsnl.in)

Comment

Eric, you could look into Hemp Seed protein, either hulled seeds which can be eaten of cooked with other foods in 100 ways…and it has been a prime protein for me, and SOY is a waste product of animal stock feeds,and the soy lobby has been very effective in selling "soy everything" in the US market.

Hemp seed protein contains all 9 essential amino acids, replaces meat beautifully is NON GMO I grown and imported from Canada) and is a wonderful solution.

BUT for CKD patients it isvery high in phos/pott( as most meat type foods) are..so I must limit my use, but YOU on dialysis may not have the same issue. Ask your MD. the USDA food charts or Davita has little or NO info on hemp seed it is newer to the US, ( but fully permitted to be sold as a consumable food) also Pumpkin seeds, and MOST seeds are VH in protein and nutrients for Vegans..so begin your research and good luck.

I am anti soy because of the phytoestrogens..which impacts children worst, and even body builders who believe they get good protein chug quarts of it and it affects breast tissue in men..there is just too much of a good thing with eating massive amounts of soy. The Asians (adapted to it for generations) usually eat SMALL amounts, of FERMENTED soy..like Miso soup base, with benefits..but the US soy market is an ad campaign mostly.

Comment

Working...
          X