Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5/14--5/15 what are you eating this wkend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/14--5/15 what are you eating this wkend?

Our community suppose to be getting together & have BBQ ..(pork) sandwiches,baked beans,chips.....everything bad.....this afternoon.....towing with what to do....what to eat of this.....oh & there will be lots of desserts to choose from.......... Making me feel down right now thinking about it..... I'm one of these---- I'm either on or off..... If I start eating whatever I want every time there is a occasion I'm so afraid I'll be completely off! I want to go -- but struggling with anything good to eat already on the plan....... Any suggestions fellow kidney friends??

Stage 3/. Gfr 35 ...
    Mild Metabolic Alkalosis

Re: 5/14--5/15 what are you eating this wkend?

good morning Jpet, a cookout sounds fun :-) I hope you enjoy it, good to get out and visit with people. GFR of 35 isn't too bad, it means your kidneys are still functioning, just not at peak. really, you can eat whatever you want, in MODERATION.............. that is the key. your lab reports will tell you what to cut back on if necessary.
    CAPD (continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis)
    since 7/13/07 with 4 exchanges a day
    kidney function improved after 2 years
    presently at 2 exchanges a day :-)
    diabetic, not on insulin

Comment

I find if I make one of my favorite dishes it helps . I can enjoy small amounts of foods offered and fill up on my safer foods this way I can share ,enjoy and visit without feeling so left out.
      Diabetic oct 2011
      CKD Diagnosed 2009
      GFR range 22-33 goes up and down

Comment

We had a turkey burger from Carl's Jr. He got his without tomato or pickle and very little sauce. I forgot to tell the girl to put his on a regular bun though instead of that grain bun they use. oops....
        Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
        Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Comment

Today I made him thinly sliced pork loin chops (these things were paper thin) cooked them up in some rice vinegar and no salt seasoning, steamed rice with chopped onion inside and sliced cucumber with lemon.

For dinner he is on his own because I will be at work until 10:00pm.
          Boyfriend is the renal patient:

Diabetes completely controlled with diet
          Hypertension better with the new med schedule.

PD as of 7/25/2011

Finally got the call on 12/20/2011 that he has been listed at Cedars Sinai.

Comment

Dinner tonight

Grilled Salmon with lemon, fresh dill and pepper
            55-80 cal. per ounce--50mg sodium per 3 oz.(no salt added)

Fresh Green Beans with sauteed mushrooms, onions and garlic in a little olive oil
            Gr. Beans - Low potassium group, low calorie vegi

White Rice--not yet sure how I will jazz it up

Gonna splurge with a dessert of sliced strawberries, rhubarb sauce and cool whip.
            Strawberries and rhubarb are both in the low potassium group. A little REAL sugar added.

Note-my potassium is within a healthy range
            May you always have Love to share, Health to spare, and Friends that care

Acute Kidney Function Loss 12/07 - GFR 39
            Current GFR 46 - Stage 3 - Controlled HBP

Comment

Working...
            X