Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

splenda or natural sweetner? for renal, diabetic diet? yacon syrup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splenda or natural sweetner? for renal, diabetic diet? yacon syrup?

does anyone know of a healthy, natural sweetner for someone on a renal, diabetic diet. my mom is on it and currently uses splenda but don't know if we should be using something else. also, has anyone heard of or use yacon syrup? please let me know your thoughts on this.

Re: splenda or natural sweetner? for renal, diabetic diet? yacon syrup?

There are a few natural sweetners out in the market.

Agave nectar, truvia, Purevia, Stevia, are some of the "natural sweetners"
    I've tried stevia, is not bad, but not as sweet so it takes a bit more to sweeten my coffee. I've been using "sweetNlow" for over 25yrs so to me nothing compares to it. I don't even taste the after taste most people talk about. Of course it's not a natural sweetner either, but it's what I'm used to.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

I am a long-time splenda user. I asked my neph about it. He replied that both he and his wife use it. He checked all the literature and said there is no genuine finding that it causes or worsens CKD. So I'm still using it.
      Janice

Comment

THANKS SO MuCH FOR ANSWERING! I truly appreciate your input. I just want my mom to be able to enjoy her food.

Comment

I don't like artificial things in my food, so I would probably go with the stevia or try to eat less sugar if possible.

But if you are already used to the other sweetener most people seem to like it.

Also ido not know if any study was done on Stevia yet....

Comment

Try agave nectar it is a natural sweetner

Comment

After SIX YEARS, I doubt if they still care....

Comment

splenda can mimic carpel tunnel syndrome....if you're having aches and pains alot, stop using it and you will see a difference I've read so much on artificial sweeteners that I've decided to stop using all of them (no matter what everybody says is "safe") I put a tiny bit of natural sugar on my cereal and I'm diabetic.

Comment

I'm with patricia0805. I stopped consuming all artificial sweeteners. Some have been the cause of certain cancers. Others are linked to other health issues. Did you know aspartame was originally developed to be an insect pesticide!? If you see an ant colony around your house take a package of Equal (contains aspartame) and sprinkle it around the ant nest. The ants will take it in the nest. In a week or so you won't see anymore ants! I use Agave nectar, stevia, or good old sugar when I need something sweetened.

Comment

Working...
                  X