More proof that the renal diet really works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: More proof that the renal diet really works

http://www.calwoodnutritionals.com/k...aminobites.htm - Malibu, here they are giving a list of 10 aminoacids, not 8, is this safe to take then?

Comment

He wasn't going to do accupunture on my husband, he was going to use herbs and do some cup suction thing.

I found him because I had a sciatica problem.

Contact Calwood nutritionals on the web. Yes, that is them in your post. They are safe to take, call and talk to them.

They do not sell keto acids in the US but you can probably order them from the UK. They are supposedly a bit superior.

My husband has been on CAlwood amino acids for 5 months, no improvement. He is not the norm though. It is worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
        Hey guys, has anybody heard of or tried Cordyceps? It's a Chinese fungus that is supposed to be very effective for kidneys, but my nepho always says to be very careful with Chinese herbs and diet herbs because a lot of them actually hurt kidneys.
        But cordyceps is a fungus, and according to this one company that sells it "it reproduces the glomerul work in kidneys".
        So - anybody?
        I will share this with a friend of mine in California who sees a herbal doctor who is also knowledgeable in kidney function and deficiency to see if she has heard of this. But I can understand why the Nephrologist is hesitant. It is true that many things that are helpful to the general public are bad for people with weak kidneys or failing kidneys. This is because a lot of those need to be eliminated through the kidneys or are too hard on them or even conflict with medication that we are on. Many doctors understandably just do not want to take the risk since there are so many factors to consider. (I am only a patient to this is opinion only and not fact)

Edit:

Okay she replied:

Actually, no, I've never heard of cordyceps. My naturopathic doctor gives me herbal remedies geared toward healing and aiding the kidneys, but they are what I call "pharmaceutical grade"...meaning that they've been very carefully prepared by a science laboratory company. They are generally mixtures of small, minute amounts of herbal distillations that I take by teaspoon or drop...like that. I do look up what's in each mixture, but I don't remember offhand the various herbs at the moment. So, my default answer to herbal questions is that, because I'm not personally trained in the safety of herbal remedies, I only take that which my naturopath (who has a medical degree) gives me. I really believe in herbal remedies, because I've been greatly helped by my doctor's use of them. However, some herbs truly are very dangerous and should never be used. Unfortunately, I don't know which those are and aren't. Also, I'm cautious with marketing companies' promotion of their herbal products, because they want to sell it and can't take the time to really know the individual medical needs of each client (like a doctor can a patient). I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with your good question, Angie.
        Angie
        Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
        I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
        • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
        • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
        • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

About the essential amino acids, that page link above is on the Bites. If you don't mind gummy foods, those are good, easily transportable. But I couldn't stand the thick, thick, gumminess. I use the Nutrasentials which is a flavored powder to mix with water or other liquid, a drink with NO fiber. And they are quite tasty too.

The average person is to take 3 servings per day. Because I'm only 4'10" tall I only need to take 2 doses per day. I normally drink 3 glasses of fluids in a day, two of which are the EAA. The people at Calwood nutritionals are very helpful when you call them, will talk as long as needed and answer all your questions.

The diet has done wonderful things for me. Rather than feeling sick all the time, I feel great! My creatinine dropped, my GFR went up, my CO2, phosphorus, potassium, serum albumin all became normal. And I've gone from having to see my nephrologist monthly to seeing him just every 3 months!

Good luck!
          My Writings

Comment

Hi Cassie,

It was very nice talking to you. I had to create a new account, so here I am

Comment

Hi AngiesKidney,

Is there a way I can get a hold of that herbal doctor? I am in California as well, I would greatly appreciate if I can e-mail or call your friend who sees that doctor. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by malibu View Post
                He wasn't going to do accupunture on my husband, he was going to use herbs and do some cup suction thing.

I found him because I had a sciatica problem.

Contact Calwood nutritionals on the web. Yes, that is them in your post. They are safe to take, call and talk to them.

They do not sell keto acids in the US but you can probably order them from the UK. They are supposedly a bit superior.

My husband has been on CAlwood amino acids for 5 months, no improvement. He is not the norm though. It is worth a shot.
                Malibu, how much protein is your husband eating daily?

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria_Ca View Post
                  Hi Cassie,

It was very nice talking to you. I had to create a new account, so here I am
                  And it was very nice talking with you! Loved your accent. I'm wishing great things for you!
                  My Writings

Comment

Wishing great things to you too, Cassie! God bless you

Comment

Hey guys, one more thing I wanted to share - my dad sent me a foreign article about new research that showed that protein in green peas was highly effective in treating renal failure in rats. Rats were administered green pea protein every day and showed a recovery from renal failure (don't know what exactly that means but definitely greta positive results).
                      Unfortunately, I do not have an English version of this article and am not able to find any info about this research on Google, but I thought I needed to share with you.
                      Has anybody heard anything similar?...

Comment

Ok, here we are, I found the article:
                        http://www.examiner.com/x-2994-Phoen...kidney-disease

Comment

And here is a little bit more explanation: http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-pfg030909.php

Comment

Looks like a promising site. Seems to be the right product anyway. Seems like its more complicated than just taking a few amino acids though huh? Have to keep a close eye on your calcium and phosphorus levels. I've had hypercalcemia before and it was real bad news! Only been that sick a couple of times in my life and I wouldn't care to repeat it! Had to stop my vitamin D therapy completely at the time. Hopefully I won't have a repeat this time around. Tricky balancing act.

Comment

Guys, do you use antiperspirants? and if not - what do you use instead?

Comment

Hi Victoria, I used to use Dry Idea but it like many others had a little pull out tab which said it should not be used by those with kidney disease. I've been using a deoderant I bought at Walmart called Naturally Fresh which contains no aluminum chlorohydrate. I think it even says it's all natural ingredients.

I didn't know kidney patients were not supposed to use antiperspirants for a long time until it was discussed here on Davita.

How are you doing?
                                My Writings

Comment

Working...
                                X