Where Is Everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Is Everyone?

Only 1 new post in the last 48 hours (as of Sunday evening). Where is everyone?? There are usually 10-20 new posts every day. Things are good for me, hope they are for everyone else, too. I worry when I don't see at least occasional posts by the regulars.
    To the stars through difficulty!

I've been posting, but not much, since there is not much to reply to. lol. I was wondering the same thing. ALL of the boards I go to everyday have been slow for the past 2-3 days. I guess everyone's outside in the sun and stuff! I hope that's why they're not here anyway! lol Hopefully nothing is wrong with anyone.
    Shannon
    KidneyFun // Kidney Korner // Organ donation awareness products!
    If the world didn't suck...........We'd all fall off!

Comment

I'm still around, but like Shay said, there's really not much to reply to right now. Plus I've been starting to get out and do some more things like I used to do before I started dialysis. I'm starting to get back into airsoft (similar to paintball), and I'm getting ready for a weekend long, one on one airsoft battle royal with a friend of mine.

Adam
      When my emotions start to cramp, the Lord turns off my UF and gives me some saline.

Comment

The heat here really zaps us here and by the time I get home I'm too tired to do much more than check email. Doing fine otherwise but I agree that there hasn't been much to reply 2
        "Within every adversity lies a slumbering possibility"
        Linda
        Tx: 7/28/2005
        St. Louis University Hospital

Comment

Glad to hear from you all and that you're OK. I was just surprised at no posts. I did go to Kidney Friends and Kidney Fun and not much there either. So, I guess you're right, everyone is busy.

Comment

I am still here and reason I have been gone is that my husband finally started dialysis last week and driving him to the VA and back was draining on me but finally we got the call today that he starts at Davita next Tuesday and it is close to where we live...I just cannot wait.....

I never see many people logged in on here when I am here and this morning when I came on, there were 22 guests.......hmmmmmm....lol......

Comment

Glad you're back, Tweetykiss, and hope your husband's dialysis is going well. I hope you find that all of your fears about the (mostly rare) complications are unfounded.

Comment

tweety,

So glad things will be working out better for you both. I was fortunate that I was only 2 miles away from my center. Must be really draining after a session to drive a bit. I hate riding anyway much less when I was feeling punk from dialysis.
                Linda

Comment

question for newbie

My function is now at 11%. I don't feel ill. But some days I just feel very tired. Everything is an effort. I have not started dialysis yet. I am having the AV fistula put in on Monday. Is this tired feeling related to the kidney issues? I know you are not doctors. I am just wondering if anyone else feels this way?

Comment

Yes, fatigue is one of the symptoms of kidney disease. Usually it is because of the anemia associated with the disease. Are you anemic? Are you getting iron and Epogen, Procrit, or a similar drug? In my case, overwhelming fatigue was the first real symptom I had. Welcome to the site. Tell us more about yourself and you will find that there will be someone who is willing to help you with information or suggestions. Above all, come here for support. As much as our friends and relatives try to understand what we are going through, only another kidney patient can really know.

Comment

Well, I've been gone for a couple of days now. I've been busy with my grandfather and dialysis. My grandfather has lung and brain cancer and has been getting chemo and radiation. This past week, he has been really really sick and weak, so we thought (and kind of still do think) that he may not make it past the next couple of weeks. I went to his house, and he is in bad shape. He can't even get up and walk by himself anymore.

And with my dialysis, the power went out last night, so I couldn't dialyze. It's the first time in the year and a half that I've been on dialysis that I have had to skip a night of dialysis, so I felt kind of crappy today. Just really lethargic since I had the whole 2L of fluid in all day, when I usually only have 700mL..

Sorry to change the subject, but I wanted to get all of that off my chest.
                      Shannon

Comment

Sorry about your grandfather. I will put him on my prayer list, that he will have a peaceful passing. I understand what you mean about feeling crappy. Yesterday for some reason I felt just awful -- achy, slightly feverish, headache, very tired. Today I'm much better. I need to learn to accept that I will have bad days. Don't they make you have a back-up generator for your dialysis? Here it is strongly suggested if you want to do anything at home. Did you get yourself straightened out today? I hope so.

Comment

Shannon,

I am so very sorry to hear about the problems your grandfather is having. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and thoughts. My family is also going through some troubling times with no optimistic outlook either. Please keep us in your prayers also.
                          Linda

Comment

They moved my grandfather to a rehabilitation center. He will live there for a few weeks in hopes that he gets better.

As for my dialysis, I did one manual exchange that day, and I got back on my cycler that night, so it's all good. I told my neph about it today, and he said it was fine since all my labs are always great, and I don't swell much anyway. I almost always use only the weakest solution. Maybe once every week and a half I'll use a 2.5% bag for one night. It's nice this way. I have read that it will keep my peritoneum healthy so that I can stay on PD for a long time!
                            Shannon

Comment

Working...
                            X