Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of an online caculator tool that can break down an entire recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of an online caculator tool that can break down an entire recipe?

Hi. I'm familiar with the Food Analyzer tool on Davita's site, but I'm wondering if anyone has found a tool that allows you to submit an entire recipe and get a breakdown of potassium, phosphorus, etc. based on the complete ingredients in a recipe? It would make it much easier to use that instead of looking up each ingredient individually.

online calculator tool

I have been using CalorieCounter. The tool is mostly used for people trying to lose weight, but I have found the analysis piece very helpful.You can enter a recipe or your meal and determine how much potassium, protein, sodium, etc. you'll get based on serving size. Unfortunately, it does not track phosphorous.

Comment

At kidneydiet.com they have an app that enables you to track your foods and count the PO4, K, Na, & Protein and fluid intake on your iPad, Android phone or Kindle.
      Other sources of info are:
      http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=22769
      and
      http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Comment

kidneydiet.com app is no longer available.

Comment

The Food Values book has been invaluable to me. Just bought the most recent one since the one had was over ten years old.

Comment

I have created a form that will allow you to eat everything you use to eat and still stay on your diet. For the first five people who email a request to me I'll send it to you free (and I mean FREE). What I'd like in return is for you to give me true feedback. I'll keep check on my email until the end of August. I hope to hear from some of you. EMAIL ADDRESS zhaan@msn.com in subject space enter "DaVita"

Comment

Type the recipe ingredients into the "My Creations" part of the DaVita Diet Helper. It will calculate how much of each nutrient is in a serving. Be sure to indicate how many servings on the appropriate box at the top of the recipe.

Comment

Thank you, thank you marysunshine (Jun 2106) ! Was wondering the same thing. Found Nutrigenie, but won't work on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Plus, it's $89. The DaVita menus are not very helpful bc they have too much protein and too much Na. Dr is giving him 1424 mg of Na in 8x650 mg Na bicarbonate per day, so that doesn't give me much Na to work with, even with 2400 mg max per day. I will check it out. Otherwise guess I'll have to change my operating system.
                Last edited by carmichael; 10-18-2017, 06:00 PM. Reason: Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X