The 21 day "Daniel fast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 21 day "Daniel fast"

I am a dialysis patient of 8 mos. I have been considering a fast of just fruits aand vegetables, no animal products. it is known as the
    "Daniel fast' from the Bible.

would this be a smart thhig to consider while a CKD patient?

Seeing that it takes a lot of fruits and vegetables to make up a a juice diet you may want to run it by your nephrologist first. Some fruits and vegetables are higher in phosphorus and potassium than others. It might make it slightly dangerous in high quantities. In my opinion it would not be a good idea. But make sure to ask your doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by dcksndr View Post
      I am a dialysis patient of 8 mos. I have been considering a fast of just fruits aand vegetables, no animal products. it is known as the
      "Daniel fast' from the Bible.

would this be a smart thhig to consider while a CKD patient?
      Hi dcksndr, thank you for reaching out! Since everyone's needs are different, we recommend speaking with your local dietitian to discuss your specific questions and diet. You may also find the DaVita Diet Helper a great resource - you can keep track of your meals and stay on target to meet your nutritional goals. Try it here: https://www.davita.com/mydavita/diet-helper.

Comment

Working...
      X