Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible?

hello guys , i would like to ask,, if u have a chronic kidney disease, is it possible to be totally cured??pls reply.. thank you, Godbless

No, it isn't.

Next question?

Comment

Crystalheart, I am sorry to say that there isn't a cure yet. If you are lucky to get a new kidney is the only way to look at being cured.

Comment

Crystalheart and others on this thread. Never give up hope.

In Dec. 2011 I was diagnosed with end stage kidney disease and was put on dialysis 3 times a week. I was told then that if the kidneys didn't respond after 3 months of treatment they probably wouldn't. A transplant would be my only hope for a normal life. Well, a miracle happened. After 9 months my kidneys started kick into action. I went to 2 dialysis sessions a week for a month then once a week until yesterday, 1/9/2013. I am now off dialysis.

I am very fortunate to come to this point. I'm not saying that everyone can get there too. I just hate to see anyone think negative. Only bad things can happen that way. Attitude is a big part of recovery.

My advice to you is get on a transplant list and play an active part of your treatment. Learn all you can about the dialysis setup and make sure it's right for you and most important, listen to your dietitian. He or she can help you get your lab results as close to normal as possible. Only then will you start to feel good.

I'll stop preaching now. Good luck and God bless.

A Passing Stranger

Comment

The human condition

It's the human condition that there is no cure only ways to treat andd delay death; Unless however if you believe in a God or some other form of higher power, then whatever your faith dictates. I learned that faith is hard to keep but it also the only thing that keeps you going.

Revelation 21:4
          http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/bl/r1/lp-e?...ation%2021%3A4

Comment

God Bless. My labs are excellent. I've been on dialysis 1 year. Is there anything special you did to get your kidneys to kick back? Do you remember your GFR when you started dialysis?

Comment

Originally posted by pest79456 View Post
              It's the human condition that there is no cure only ways to treat andd delay death; Unless however if you believe in a God or some other form of higher power, then whatever your faith dictates. I learned that faith is hard to keep but it also the only thing that keeps you going.

Revelation 21:4
              http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/bl/r1/lp-e?...ation%2021%3A4
              When I even start to think any fearful thoughts, God reminds me to be positive. He made me and knew all about me before I was born. He knew what would make me who I am. The purpose for me going through this may help others who are not ill to see if God can give me a positive attitude and people know that they have something to look forward to, heaven, then they too will have faith in God. This keeps me positive. My verse is:
              Prov. 3: 5-6...Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto they own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him and He will
              direct your path. That is my encouragement as a life verse.

Comment

Originally posted by crystalheart View Post
                hello guys , i would like to ask,, if u have a chronic kidney disease, is it possible to be totally cured??pls reply.. thank you, Godbless
                Crystal,

It all depends on the reason your kidneys fail. If your kidney failure was caused by certain medications that you may have taken, it is possible to turn it around. But if your condition is one in which kidney failure does not turn around, I would not expect a turn around. You can change your diet and do other things to help slow the condition down, but this is pretty much it. I would speak to your nephrologist/dietitian for additional info.
                NxStage - Since April - 06
                Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

Working...
                X