My Albumin is high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Albumin is high

When checking my lab results I notice that my Albumin is high. Do anyone know what is or wht food i can eat to b n range. I checked on the web but found nothing.

Originally posted by nataliea View Post
    When checking my lab results I notice that my Albumin is high. Do anyone know what is or wht food i can eat to b n range. I checked on the web but found nothing.
    Albumin levels reflect your nutritious status, it gives your doctor an idea of how much protein you're eating.

While dialysis patients require a high protein diet, too much protein can also be a problem because it will increase your BUN as well as creatinine. On the other hand pre-dialysis patients require a lower protein intake to maintain residual kidney function. And/or to delay end stage renal disease.

Since you didn't mentioned if you're pre-dialysis or ESRD patient, please ask your doctor which diet will work for you.

Take care!
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Albumin is affected by lots of things, even dehydration, so I would agree with Marina - check with your doctor and see if you need to change anything. They would be best to call and ask about your specific condition.

Comment

Originally posted by nataliea View Post
        How high is the albumen ?
        NxStage - Since April - 06
        Facebook: Dialysis Discussion Uncensored

Comment

Working...
        X