Natural Foods To reduce Chosterol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Foods To reduce Chosterol

An increase level of cholesterol in our body is a sign of danger for our heart, and may also lead to many blood pressure related issues. A normal range of cholesterol level is helpful to keep us health and fit throughout our life. Here I am sharing some natural foods that quickly reduces the cholesterol and fat level in our body...
    Garlic, Ginger, Psyllium Husk
    Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit, Strawberries,
    Nuts, Honey in warm water
    Last edited by Frank222; 11-30-2012, 11:09 PM.

Of course, lemon, orange, and grapefruit are high in phosphorus.

Comment

Actually, lemon, orange and grapefruit are not high in phosphorus. They are a source of potassium however.
      Nuts are high in phosphorus.
      ------------------------------------------------------
      The response of this moderator is not an attempt to address a specific condition. Please note that the DaVita.com discussion forums do not provide medical advice or professional opinions about specific conditions. The purpose of the discussion forums is to provide an opportunity for individuals to discuss end stage renal disease and related topics. The discussion forms are not a substitute for professional medical care. For questions or

Comment

If you take statins, avoid grapefruit.
        I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Thanks for the tip. What about the phosphorpus in some of those foods mentioned?

Comment

Great!! Your donor is going to have a special place in heaven if there is one.

Comment

Cholesterol is not the concern in food (in my humble opinion) - saturated fat and trans-fat are what increase your body cholesterol levels much more so than the cholesterol that you eat. Also, everyone as different restrictions, so eating a balanced diet that is moderate in sodium and potassium is important. And, I put a post on my blog a couple of weeks ago about the effects of grapefruit and medications - http://www.renaldiethq.com/grapefrui...d-medications/ Good information related to the recent news of grapefruit and medication interactions.

Comment

Also, if memory serves me correctly, isn't the husk of any plant loaded with protein? Nuts certainly are sky-high in protein. If you're pre-dialysis, this may be a big concern.

Comment

There are really beautiful and most informative post, I am totally agree with you and wants to appreciate your work. I would like thanks to you that you share your post here.

Comment

You might talk to the doctor about... if your body is creating its own Cholesterol. I did not want to go on medication for it but my doctor knows my family
                    history and my dad's body made extra Cholesterol. He had no kidney problems but a very bad heart from malnutrition as a child. Don't know why but to protect my heart with the kidney disease, I am on cholesterol medication along with High Blood Pressure. The only reason the doctor said I needed it was because of family history and protection of the heart. My Cholesterol levels are fine as long as I take the meds. I go off, and the numbers start rising.

Comment

Natural food is best to eat for reducing cholesterol level. Fruits and vegetables both are best food and are good to reduce cholesterol level. We should avoid oily food stuff to maintain cholesterol level.
                      Last edited by usernameFromLocal003; 09-26-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Oats, Nuts, Tea, Bean, Chocolate, Garlic, etc.

Comment

To kick-start my morning, I always make lemon juice!

Comment

Working...
                          X