No announcement yet.

QUESTION ABOUT FISTULA/LABS very imp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FISTULA/LABS very imp.

I am really excited to read all these posts. I had called my doctor's office this morning to have a sonogram of my arm to make sue the fistula was doing fine. Of course sshe would not let me in. I am not on dialysis but would like to know if the fistula is progressing along properly. I feeling blood pumping at the ends but not in the middle. She said all should be okay. Do I have reason to worry? Got the fistual on August 15, 2011. Really trying to ensure diet is okay. But that is a crazy thing within itself. LOW SODIUM? LOW PHOSPHORUS? GLUTEN FREE (alergy to wheat)? LITTLE DAIRY (lactose intolerant); ETC ETC ETC This is all so crazy. But I have had Lupus Kidney disease since 1989. So I guess I have lived a long itme with it. Not looking forward to dialysis at all. but I am willing to do whatever it takes to live! Was on chemo () 1998-2001. On celcept since 2001. Initially the dose was too high and I could not walk or anything for weeks. Much better now.
    I FIGHT ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO KEEP A POSITIVE OUTLOOK OF LIFE!

Stage 5 CKD / Non diabetic, Controlled HBP / Diagnosed with SLE - Feb 1975 / Remission - July 2003 / Diagnosed with Lupus Kidney Disease - 1989 / Fistula installed - Aug 2011 / Ballooned - May 2012 / May not be candidate for kidney transplant or PD(Blood transfusion; stomach hernia repair, caesarian birth, etc.)
    http://jmirenal.blogspot.com (MY JOURNEY)

Comment

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FISTULA/LABS very imp.

jenjen,

I agree... I would do my best to hold out for stem cell research and/or whatever other cures they can come up with. They are doing a lot in the field which is awesome. Good for you staying on the diet and watching your potassium. I know the diet can be SOOo difficult at times. You should be proud of yourself. hang in there... hope you get to be one of the people to reach a cure before needing transplant.

God Bless,

Lana
      TRANSPLANT SCHEDULED NOV 14, 2011 THANKS TO MY AMAZING HUSBAND!!!
      Today oct 11th.Still no dialysis -and at 9% GFR,
      think i'm gonna make it!!!

Diagnosed 2005 CKD3.
      Benign Glomulersclerosis- not hereditary, no known cause
      Non-diabetic, normal BP
      Hospital error 2008 caused me to plummet straight to CKD5
      07/2011 -CKD 5 -GFR 11 - Not on Dialysis
      Awaiting transplant, doing eval, hoping for live donor match

Comment

My husband is at 11 GFR and his doctor has not told him he needs to prep for dialysis yet. His protien, calcium, etc. are fine. He does have a problems with his potassium once in awhile, but otherwise I guess the time to prep is based on other things besides GFR number.

Comment

What is BUN? I see it talked about occasionally, but what does it mean in regards to lab results?

Comment

Working...
          X