And the pressure is rising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the pressure is rising.

Before starting PD my BP was 122/75 or something close to it, but since starting PD, it has crept up to 148/98. I'm still not voluming out at least what I put in for the midday exchange, and using (4) 2.5% bags or (1) 4.25% to get at least an extra 500ml pulled off from the 2000ml put in each time. The 1.5% bags don't seem all that useful going by chart.

I'm trying to get an extra exchange in before bed as well. That's futzing with my supply.

Thoughts?
    Diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in 2004.
    Began PD on February 21st, 2011.
    On Transplant List since June 2010.

Re: And the pressure is rising.

Originally posted by HouseOfDialysis View Post
    Before starting PD my BP was 122/75 or something close to it, but since starting PD, it has crept up to 148/98. I'm still not voluming out at least what I put in for the midday exchange, and using (4) 2.5% bags or (1) 4.25% to get at least an extra 500ml pulled off from the 2000ml put in each time. The 1.5% bags don't seem all that useful going by chart.
    I'm trying to get an extra exchange in before bed as well. That's futzing with my supply.
    Thoughts?
    Hi HouseOfDialysis,

I know how frustrated you must feel. Has your PD nurse suggested anything?
    My suggesting would be to watch your fluid intake as well as SALT.
    Do you have alot of swelling on your feet and/or legs? if you do, walking helps.
    Is your hemoglobin low ? Do you eat enough protein?
    If hemoglogin is low we tend to retain more fluid. If you're not eating enough protein or your albumin is on the lower side, you won't be able to remove as much water.
    I know so much to learn and remember, but important things to keep in mind. gotta keep our hearts healthy and happy too!!

take care!
    Marina
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

Re: And the pressure is rising.

I actually find that the more active I am, the worse the swelling gets, regardless of fluid intake. I thought I was chowing down on enough protein but I may have to up it more and my hemoglobin is 9.2, I think. They may start me on iron pills next month.

Still trying to work it down. I'm going to go radical on the diet and be as stringent as I can stand and see how that works out.
      Diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in 2004.
      Began PD on February 21st, 2011.
      On Transplant List since June 2010.

Comment

Working...
      X