What kind of exercises ..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of exercises ..??

what kind of exercises can I do? I am limited to most work outs. I can walk but not run or lift weights because of the surgery on my left shoulder. Does anyone have any suggestions because i am gaining weight like crazy. Before my operation i weighed in a 225lbs a week and a half later im at 245lbs i need to do something fast please help !!!!!!!!!!
    buy kartę r4i

Re: What kind of exercises ..??

Originally posted by Denny8569 View Post
    what kind of exercises can I do? I am limited to most work outs. I can walk but not run or lift weights because of the surgery on my left shoulder. Does anyone have any suggestions because i am gaining weight like crazy. Before my operation i weighed in a 225lbs a week and a half later im at 245lbs i need to do something fast please help !!!!!!!!!!
    The important thing is to keep active. Walking is very good for the heart and circulation. Could you check with a family doctor for approved exercises because of your shoulder? That would be the best course of action I think.
    Angie
    Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
    I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
    • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
    • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
    • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

Try dance or anything cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by mtap View Post
        Try dance or anything cardio.
        Yeah that is a great idea!

But with any exercise start off slow and work yourself up levels so that you don't strain anything. Also you should consult a doctor on recommendations for how much he thinks you can handle. (Like how is your heart, etc).
        Angie
        Kidney KornerDialysis Ethics Forum Kidney PixAwareness Shirts KidneySpace Donor Search
        I will be walking a Kidney Walk in Ontario Canada Sept 18th 2011
        • Peritoneal Dialysis = 4 yrs
        • Hemo Dialysis (in center) = 2 yrs
        • 2 kidney transplants = 1990 - 2001 & 2007 to present

Comment

I personally have also had some "issues" with my weight. Before dialysis I was at 135ish, but had settled into an uncomfortable 175.

For me, I needed something right there in my face to help. I bought a good stationary bike and set in up in front of the television. I find it hard sometimes to be diligent, but I will bike watching my favorite shows. My mind being occupied by something I want to watch, makes it much easier to sit on the bike for longer periods of time. I do anything from 20min to an hour a day.
          IgaN Diagnosed March 2006 - Active on transplant Aug 2007 (still waiting) - CCPD 2008
          "Just when a person thinks he knows all the right answers, Someone had to come along with all the wrong questions!" ~Pooh Bear
          - Krystal

Comment

My doctors told me that AquArobics would be a great excersise, and low impact. You go at your own pace.
            Wish you luck.
            Diabetic type2 on insulin 1991
            CKD stage 5 dialysis started7/27/11
            Catheter 7/26/'11 Fistula Oct.2011 Not yet matured (12/25/'11)
            Arthritis, back problems.

"Courage is the art of being the only one
            who knows your'e scared to death"

Comment

Do you know how to do the electric slide, i do it often, and i think that is what keeps me active and in shape, i also take late afternoon walks with my daughter, around my neighborhood.
              Glo

Comment

I know how you feel about the weight gain. I too have gained 38 lbs since starting PD. I did start swimming again this summer and it helped with some weight loss but not the whole 38 lbs I have gained. Besides exercise cutting your portions down or counting calories help. Did you know that the PD solution has a lot of calories. I was shocked to find out that some of it has as much as 400 to 500 calories at night. My doctor did sart me on Icodextrin to cut my dialysis down 1 cycle at night to help with the sugar/calorie intake. That has also helped with my bs. Now I am hoping to cut my dialysis down 1 more cycle to help with calorie intake, just waiting for my KT/V to see if we can make that adjustment again.

Comment

If you are intending to start a fitness program to lose fats fast, do you jump straight and start working hard in the gym.
                  Calor gas heaters

Comment

Cycling and swimming (if your shoulder can cope with swimming). Both great forms of overall exercise and suitable for dialysis patients.

Comment

I walk half hour every day and I started doing dialysys at home with a partner (wife). It helped control my fluid and I find I can eat moe. I do Home Hemo. I I do yard work and I go to store and walk thru the malls . I weigh 190 pounds but I haveballoned up.I fI don'yt watch out

Comment

I have a physical job so that's where most of my activity comes from, but I noticed I was gaining weight a few weeks after starting PD. And I try to take additional walks around the neighborhood with my son and my wife. One thing I did was restrict my fluids to about 3 cups of liquid a day to drink and within a few days I was down 6 pounds. I drink a lot and didn't quite reign it in when I started dialysis, but I'm coming around slowly.

I think anyone can get away with 5lbs or 10lbs weights for curls with arms or legs, especially those with fistulas.
                        Diagnosed with Alport Syndrome in 2004.
                        Began PD on February 21st, 2011.
                        On Transplant List since June 2010.

Comment

I think you should try aerobic exercise ..It is the best exercise for you..It is the best way to keep body fit and healthy.It is good exercise those who want to reduce weight quickly.

Comment

I think aerobic exercise suitable for you..It really helps to reduce weight successfully and keep body fit and healthy.

Comment

For you the best exercise might be doing Yoga or Meditation for your health. You can try some light weight exercise that may be not so difficult for you to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X