Clear All

• TerriWoodruff
    replied
    You will be alright. Do not worry

Leave a comment:

• KelseyAtDaVita
    replied
    Originally posted by aquamous View Post
    my nephrologist also feels 140 is too high. He further indicates too much sodium is often the culprit. I had app with dietician who gave me some good information and daily targets for Protein, Sodium, Potasium and Phosphorus. I actually do an excel spread sheet and a daily menu to maintain control. I have made it a daily "game" and don't find it too difficult to do. Additionally i am type 2 diabetic so i try and control carbs and calories at the same time. I of course also take prescribed meds for BP and Diabetes
    Hi aquamous, thanks for reaching out here! It sounds like you're quite organized with your diet, which is great! Have you tried the DaVita Diet helper yet? It may help you even more with planning and tracking kidney-friendly meals. You can enter your nutritional goals and targets which are taken into consideration when planning meals as well. Try it out here: http://bit.ly/1YihzIf. Let me know if you have any myDaVita questions in the future and I hope you have a great week!

Your community manager,
    Kelsey

Leave a comment:

• aquamous
    replied
    my nephrologist also feels 140 is too high. He further indicates too much sodium is often the culprit. I had app with dietician who gave me some good information and daily targets for Protein, Sodium, Potasium and Phosphorus. I actually do an excel spread sheet and a daily menu to maintain control. I have made it a daily "game" and don't find it too difficult to do. Additionally i am type 2 diabetic so i try and control carbs and calories at the same time. I of course also take prescribed meds for BP and Diabetes

Leave a comment:

• raramorgan
    replied
    My Neph says anything above 140 is to high for any kind of kidney disease. He says the top number is the one they are the most concerned about.. I know every dr is different and you should ask your dr. what he wants you to be at. My neph also says your HR should not be below 60 and mine runs in the 40's and 50's we have tried several things to bring it up and it still runs low. It was running in the 30's at times then we lowered one of my meds and that has helped some. Anyway good luck and Take care.

Leave a comment:

• HAMPTON263
    started a topic Blood pressure

Blood pressure

I went to see my kidney Dr today. My blood pressure was 148/75. Pulse was 60. I was wondering if that's a little too high.
Working...
X