STOP Spam Sammies on Our Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STOP Spam Sammies on Our Forum!

May I also suggest to all members NOT to click on any links from those people. Or links from unfamiliar members.

Some (or most) of those links might (or have) a virus attached to them.
    I received the GIFT OF LIFE on Nov 9, 2010 thanks to my wonderful donor Laura and her family!

Comment

More spammers online now!

qeuwoodfolk, tmxbylsma, tsemasek

MODS-DELETE KEY, PLEASE!
      Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Comment

THANK YOU DAVITACASEY FOR REMOVING SPAM POSTS! It is most appreciated!! HONESTLY, IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU TAKING CARE OF THE FORUM.

Please, if you have time, look into all the current members that are signing up as many of them are going to spam as soon as they can get in. Thnx so much!!

Spammer spotted: Spaltyalkably

Banned but needs stripping: Wetewhigree
        Create signature while not logged in, edited through forums.davita.com on 08/15/2012 @ 12:53!!!!!

Comment

Spammer Alert! Online Now!

ShouttSib

And here's another on now:

sideeffectsactos

Hello Erik... Thanks for your presence and working on the spammers. I hope they're all coming from the same IP so you can block them. Wouldn't that be an easy fix! Wish these folks would do something beneficial with their time, like saving the planet or creating cures for kidney disease, etc.

Comment

Thanks for making note of these spammers profiles, IHaveFaith. I'll delete them right away and will continue to check this thread for other reports.

We apologize for spam threads and posts that escape our notice. Due to the size and openness of this forum, we are, unfortunately, a prime target for spammers off all kinds. It is a pretty difficult thing to combat. Spammers tend to operate in parts of the world where there are no laws against spamming and they can work undeterred. Spammer profiles are typically opened by computer programs. It is not a real human being writing this spam. All of the messages are computer generated. Some of the message are advertise unrelated products. Others just contain links to websites that have paid the spammers to augment their link authority and thereby improve their search ranking in Google.

We have implemented a fairly aggressive spam filter that is catching most of the spam that's coming through. I consult this spam list daily either to validate legitimate posts or delete automated spam. I also delete about 20 bogus spammer profiles each day. We're doing our best to stay on top of the problem.

If you encounter a spam post or thread, you can assign an infraction, as TRB mentioned. The most effective thing would be to PM me directly about it.

Thanks everyone for your help and your patience. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Erik the Admin
            Discussion Forums Admin

Comment

Thank you, Erik.

I have an ever growing list saved to my hard drive of those that have joined, logged in only once or twice and have links, IM's, etc but have never been back that I will post periodically for your perusal.

If I catch them in the act, I'll post them here ASAP. I would be happy to help, so if you have other methods or suggestions to facilitate identification and removal, I'm willing to participate in Bammin' all the Spammin'! (oh, so tasteless, I know, I know!)

Thanks again and I appreciate your patience and understanding! And mostly, not for placing me on the Ban List for my rant!

Comment

Spammer online now, think there are more but I'll need a minute to look, I'll edit this post if I see any more.

cdvbeddow

assessest

mrjschwenzer

plnmatot

sideeffectsactos

xsdnetterville

Comment

Online now... has been banned with all BUSINESS still intact! Please remove links & IM...

Better yet, PRESS DELETE KEY ON THESE UNDESIRABLES!!

Comment

Mods...

These have the spammer biography:

coollexapro, mismmymmemdip, nnwkussel, PhoraCexelell, BuyAbilifyST, glurnissallix, crerdenry

These need adverts/links stripped:

FalliffFeange, cordagort, GageGuews

One timers with adverts/links that need stripping:

genemarcs, lenemary35, renemarino, toramip357

zabuza789, ZackKalis146, ZackKalis370, ZackRizu, zagrebapartmani, zahari091, zaibi109, zaihanlun9057, zaijanlo1975, Zains687, zaira05r_34, zairally897, zalina8, Zambiajutt, zamina6789, zamoracloe, Zan23Joe, zanastern0413, Zander934, zandz1975, zane5davon, zanem87, zbfnuclfqwpvu, zEagle, zeannesmith1, zech, Zeci76407, zeeddoreen, Zeenrali, Zeermali, zelmaf

Comment

This handful is on a couple of top 20 spammer lists and are members of our forum.

Mods, please delete these bozos or at the very minimum strip links/adverts before banning.

BUYINGEFFEXOR, Paxtonleathzmx, merstenfertersak, speedyfasterz, svetaallie

Comment

DaVita Casey, you are currently moderating in the forum... Why does your team refuse to delete these members instead of banning and why are so many banned without being first stripped of their links, adverts and IM's? It just seems illogical!

RXMonster is spreading spam sammies all over the forum and should be deleted at once!

If you refuse to delete this member, please strip all contact info and IM's prior to banning!

Comment

I don't post here often, but there have been at least 10 posts of mine that made it here......so why did the one I just wrote go to the moderators for review?? I've had a couple of other posts that went to the moderators & those posts never made it to the forums....but yet I see posts here every day that are so obviously spammers that get thru with no problem. What's up with that??

Comment

Hello nerak,

If I were you I would email erbeck (Erik is our moderator) and let him know about your posting issues so he can get you fixed up. They have a posting minimum and other spam prevention features that seem to work best on blocking legitimate users instead of the actual spammers they're trying to keep out! Go figure!

I expect Erik will look into your lost posts and release them to the forum if you let him know that they are still missing.

Off topic.... you know our resident Movie Star, Marina... don't you?? Hmmm.... maybe that's why your posts are being sent for review! Haha, just kidding, Marina! You know everbuddy here luvs U!

Comment

Yep, I'm friends with Marina........I bet you're right! She's a very "shady character" alright.........so they're probably keeping a close eye on me! Very wise indeed!

I really don't care about the old posts that never showed up...I don't even remember what they were. But how weird is it that my one post went to the moderator today, but a few minutes later when I posted about that one not appearing, THAT post works with no problem........Makes perfect sense................NOT.

I've never seen so many obvious spammers on one site before....and they have no problem posting........but an upstanding citizen like myself (no comment, Marina!!) can't get some helpful advice thru.

Comment

Originally posted by nerak View Post
                                Yep, I'm friends with Marina........I bet you're right! She's a very "shady character" alright.........so they're probably keeping a close eye on me! Very wise indeed!

I really don't care about the old posts that never showed up...I don't even remember what they were. But how weird is it that my one post went to the moderator today, but a few minutes later when I posted about that one not appearing, THAT post works with no problem........Makes perfect sense................NOT.

I've never seen so many obvious spammers on one site before....and they have no problem posting........but an upstanding citizen like myself (no comment, Marina!!) can't get some helpful advice thru.
                                I had the same thing happen, myself. I would post something and it would redirect and then I would post about my posting problems and that one would instantly appear. (How many times can you type the word post in a post?) Hmm....

I think it's a conspiracy... to make us looked like unbalanced ranters, or something! What do you think? I hope it's not cause we know Marina!! Yikes, that could be it!

Comment

Working...
                                X